REGISTRY & CLASSIFIEDS
Last updated 11th November 2020
The Australian Designer Breeders Pty Ltd (referred to as the "ADBC", “Australian Designer Breeders”, "we’ and "us") recognise that the privacy of your personal information is important to you and are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information we collect from you.
What information do we collect?
We primarily collect personal information that is necessary for us to promote the welfare of dogs and cats and responsible breeding. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and may include:
· Your name, address, and contact details (address, telephone numbers, date of birth and email address, driver’s licence);
· Breed and number of dogs/ cats owned and information regarding canine and feline activities you currently participate in;
Members may alert us about current litters in order to protect from identity theft. This information is used to confirm enquiries about the member having a litter at that time.
Genetic test results; results of Vet Audits; results of Vet Checks of breeding cats/ dogs that belong to the member; the results of this information is not shared with the public.
· Information about the services or goods you have ordered from us;
· Other personal information you may disclose to us when you contact us or request a service or good from us or which is otherwise contained in communications between you and us; and
· Credit card information.
How we collect and hold your personal information
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
· Directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via the ADBC website.
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic files.
If your personal information is no longer needed, the ADBC will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Collection of information from the ADBC website
Why we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing us with the information requested
Generally, we collect personal information about you for the provision of our goods and services, to meet our obligations to you as well as to enable us to contact you regarding your dealings with us. We also collect personal information so you can seek employment with us or communicate with us in writing, by e-mail, telephone or via the ADBC website. Our ability to meet our obligations to you, or to process any application may be adversely affected if you do not give us the requested personal information, or if the information you give us is incomplete or inaccurate.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information primarily to provide our services to you in the ordinary course of conducting our business. We may also use personal information to: administer, process and assess applications from members, affiliates and members of the public;
· For new membership
· Membership renewals
To confirm a member and/ or a member’s litter
· Transfer of dogs/puppies
·To provide and administer all aspects of breeder services;
· Handle complaints about members or former members;
· Improve our services with you; and
· Notify you of opportunities that we think you may be interested in. If we intend to use any of your personal information for direct marketing, such as by adding you to a marketing database, and you have not already consented to this use, we will notify you and will provide you with an opportunity to opt out. If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts you may opt out at any time by replying to the email using the unsubscribe facility.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in the following circumstances:
· To other goods and service providers who assist us in servicing you;
· With your consent, to other individuals enquiring about your dog breeding activities;
· Where required or authorised by law or otherwise as permitted under the Privacy Act; and
· Where you consent or have authorised a third party to consent to the disclosure.
· To a member or former member who is subject of a complaint
The security and accuracy of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is:
· Accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading;
· Stored in a secure environment; and
· Protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by using the contact details below so we can maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
How members access and correct personal information
We seek to ensure that all personal information collected is accurate and complete.
You have a right to access personal information we hold about you either by contacting us at email@example.com or by accessing your membership record online via the ADBC website. We will comply with any request to access your personal information that you send us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org except where the Privacy Act or the APPs allow us to refuse to do so.
There is no fee for making a request to access your personal information but we may charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information in a mutually agreed format, usually by sighting the accessible information held on file.
You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading.
If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested, we must:
· Notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and how to complain of the refusal; and
· Upon request from you that we associate a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, take such steps are as reasonable in the circumstances to associate such a statement so that it will be apparent to users of the information.
Links to other websites
How to contact The Australian Designer Breeders Pty Ltd
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
E- mail: email@example.com
We will always endeavour to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
Australian Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner on Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Australian Designer Breeders Pty Ltd
Privacy Collection Statement
Updated 11th November 2020
The Australian Designer Breeders Pty Ltd (ADBC, us) are collecting your personal information for the primary purpose of ensuring the integrity of the National Database.
Other purposes for collecting your personal information may include the provision of relevant information about our services and events to you and informing you of any changes to our services.
Providing your personal information is your choice. However, if you do not provide some or all of your personal information, The ADBC may not be able to assist you with your dealings with ADBC. The Australian Designer Breeder Club may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to third party service providers who assist us in our provision of our services to you.
If you have an enquiry regarding any of your personal information that is collected and held by ADBC, you can contact the ADBC email@example.com.